Epilation performed by laser was performed experimentally for about 20 years before it became commercially available in the mid 1990s. Laser and light-based methods are sometimes called phototricholysis or photoepilation.
Laser hair removal works by sending a beam of laser light to a group of hair follicles with enough power to disable or destroy the root. If done properly, there should be no damage to the surrounding skin area. Experts say that “Laser hair removal only destroys hair in its active growth phase, the anagen phase. This phase lasts several years, and up to 85% of our hair is in that phase at any given time”.
Laser hair removal can prove rapid, gentle removal of unwanted hair. Cheaper than traditional electrolysis, it can still cost over $1,000 for multiple treatments to get the job completed. Small areas, such as the upper lip, can be less.
There are some requirements before you consider, laser hair removal. One absolute requirement is that the surrounding skin color be lighter than your hair.
In addition, people with dark skin are not good candidates for laser hair removal as they absorb too much or the laser energy into their skin. Even tanned persons should wait until their skin returns to normal color before the laser hair removal treatments.
Many areas of the body can benefit from this procedure. Any area, except near the eye, including the face, upper lip, neck, chest, underarms, back, abdomen, bikini line, and legs can have laser hair removal.
The one then to remember is that this procedure is usually permanent unlike many of the traditional methods of hair removal.
Problems that can occur include pigmentary or color change or of the skin, including either dark or light areas. Fortunately, although these color changes may persist for months, they are almost always temporary. Further, improper treatment can cause burns, lesions, skin discoloration lasting several months, or patchy re-growth.
You should also consider this about laser hair removal. Even if you are not the “ideal candidate”, you can still enjoy some benefits of laser hair removal. A medical practitioner can discuss with you your own hair and skin color combination and what type of laser hair removal treatment might work for you.
>>> Read Next >>>
People Are Also Reading:
👉 Trending Now...
- Panasonic ER-GN30-K Hair Nose Trimmer Review – Your Trimming Needs Made Easier (2022)
- Panasonic ER415SC Nose, Ear and Facial Hair Trimmer Review (2022)
- Wahl 5546-200 Ear, Nose And Brow 2-in-1 Deluxe Lighted Trimmer Review (2022)
👉 For Manscaping
- Signs Of Poor Men’s Health That Should Not Be Ignored
- Manscaping Guide: How To Shave/Trim Top 10 Hairy Areas (How-Tos 2022)
- Step By Step Guide To Norelco Replacement Blades
👉 For Male Faces
- Your Ultimate Guide to Buying Philips Shaver
- Philips Norelco HQ6990 Review 2022– A Classic Dry Shave plus MORE!
- Professional Water Resistant Heavy Duty Steel Nose Trimmer With LED Light Review (2022)
👉 For Women's Body Hair Grooming
- Laser Hair Removal In New York City – Everything You Need To Know
- Why You Have To Try The Laser Hair Removal Centers From Manhattan
- How To Remove Hair Permanently In One Day At Home
👉 For Women's Faces